Terms for Board Sub Committee of Out-Right Namibia Trust
Term of Appointment
The Subcommittee (SC) is an advisory and technical arm of the Board in nature, thus and is appointed by the board to serve for such term/s as the board may deem fit.The duration of each SC member appointed by the Board is determined by the Board of Trustees upon such appointment and a member is eligible for re-appointment at the discretion of the Board.
It is further provided that a vacancy occurs if the person:
- resigns from the committee;
- is removed from the committee;
- becomes insolvent under administration and declared lawfully unfit to serve in a board of a trust;
- is disqualified from the committee by the Board or on recommendation of other committee members;
- is absent from ordinary meetings for a consecutive period of more than two times without the consent of the committee.
Time Commitment Envisaged
The Committee is expected to hold up to four (4) Ordinary Quarterly Meetings (OQM) prior to Ordinary Quarterly Board Meetings of the Board of Trustees.
Members are expected to attend and participate in all of the scheduled OQM, Extra-Ordinary meetings (EOM), the NGA, as Committee Chair at Board Meetings or such meetings as invited/delegated by the Board Chair and all other activities as designated by the Board Chair to represent Out-Right Namibia.
Adequate notice of the proposed Committee meeting dates is scheduled in advance by the board and the director. Allocation of adequate time to meet the expectations and role as a member of the Board Subcommittee should be a consideration.